Make gorgeous granola bars, no baking required, with just five ingredients…
The peanut butter and honey in this recipe are delicious and complement each other perfectly.
- 200g pitted dates
- 85g honey
- 65g peanut butter or almond butter
- 110g roasted almonds, loosely chopped
- 135g rolled oats
- 8×8″ baking dish or other small dish lined with parchment paper
We’ve added raisins to our ingredients too, other optional additions include other nuts, other dried fruit, banana chips and chocolate chips.
- Blitz the dates in food processor for approximately 1 minute, after which time you should be left with small pieces of date remaining in a dough-like consistency.
- Place your date mixture into a large bowl together with the oats and almonds and set aside.
- Warm the honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. When it’s warm, stir and then pour over the oat mixture – then mix thoroughly, taking care to break up the dates so that they are evenly distributed through the mixture.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer your mixture to a 8×8″ baking dish or other small dish lined with parchment paper.
- Press firmly to spread your mixture evenly over your dish and make sure that it is is really packed down so that your bars hold together.
- Cover with parchment or clingfilm and place in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from your pan and chop evenly into bars (you should make around 10).
These will happily store in an airtight container for a few days – but honestly, we don’t think they’ll last that long!